Merry Christmas Ya’ll!
If you are searching for a fun festive drink to liven up your holidays this is it! I originally found it on delish.com and tweaked it a bit. I’ve made it a few times and it’s definitely a crowd pleaser! The recipe is for a pitcher (about 8 glasses). I have made individual ones as well and you can simply adjust all the ingredients to your liking.
I don’t want to take a minute more of your precious time so lets get right to the recipe…
- 1 bag of whole cranberries
- Limes (4 large ones and a few extra for garnish)
- 2 cups Cranberry Juice
- 12 oz Tequila (I prefer Patron Resposado)
- 8 oz Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup of lime juice (I use fresh squeezed from the large limes listed above but if you don’t want to do that you can buy lime juice instead
- Rosemary for garnish (or mint leaves)
- In a small bowl toss 1/2 cup of cranberries with 1 tablespoon lime juice. Drain out the juice then toss with 2 tablespoons sugar. Pour onto a baking sheet to dry- set in refrigerator
- Combine sugar and salt together on a small shallow plate and mix. Using a lime wedge, wet the rim of each glass and then dip it into the sugar/salt mixture.
- In a large pitcher (or blender if you prefer frozen) combine cranberry juice, tequila, triple sec, 1/2 cup of lime juice, ice (if wanting frozen)
- Pour into prepared glasses (add ice to glasses if not drinking them frozen), garnish with a sprig of rosemary or mint, a few frosted cranberries and a lime.
Comment below if you want to share or have any questions! I hope y’all have a wonderful Christmas!