I have to share this simple dessert recipe with you! You may be familiar with this eagle brand recipe, another name they are called is magic bars. My mom used to make these when I was growing up and as a kid I remember her bringing them to parties and they never made it back home! I honestly forgot about this dessert until a few months ago when I had a craving for them. I have made at least 4 batches already this holiday season and have figured out a few tips to making them best. My husband and I literally cannot stop eating them. Once you try a bite you will know why!
Seven Layer Magic Bars
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 14oz can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- Heat oven 350. Line 13 x 9 pan with foil (allow excess foil to hang over sides) and lightly spray with cooking spray
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter, mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly into pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly on top of crumbs. Layer with the remaining ingredients, do the coconut flakes last. Press firmly with fork.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Loosen sides of pan while still warm and let cool.
- Lift by edges of the foil to remove from pan. Cut into individual bars.
I hope you enjoy these bars as much as we do!