Ya’ll, this dip is So good 😋! My sister brought it to the lake years ago before I ever even had babies (thank you KK!!) and from that point on it has been a staple recipe during the summer time. I call it Lake Bean Dip 😉. If you have known me for awhile chances are you have had this dip at some point. It is a great addition at a cookout, party, shower, the pool, or for traveling out of town. It tastes best if made the night before which is always a WIN in my book! I could write a hundred reasons why you will love it but I will save you all that time and get to the point so you can try this one out for yourself. Trust me you will love it!
Lake Bean Dip
- 1 cup Rice Vinegar (natural)
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-3 Red Peppers
- 1 bunch green onions
- 3 cans of white shoepeg corn or 2-15oz cans of white corn (I’ve found it hard to find the white shoepeg corn and the white corn tastes the same)
- 2- 15 oz cans of black beans
- 1 small container of feta cheese
- Heat the vinegar and oil on the stovetop, once hot add the sugar and stir until it dissolves (usually just a minute or two). Remove from heat.
- Cut red peppers and green onions and add to large bowl (I usually start this while waiting for oil and vinegar to heat up)
- Rinse and drain black beans and corn- add to bowl
- Once oil/vinegar/sugar mixture is room temp pour over dip and stir
- Add feta and stir
- Store covered in the refrigerator overnight. It tastes best the next day and lasts for days!
- Stir before serving. Serve with Tostito chips.
Can’t get much easier than this 🙌🏼! It also pairs nicely with chicken or fish tacos 👌🏼. I would love to hear your thoughts if you make it. I hope you love it as much as I do 😊!